An Antigo woman will spend two years on probation in order to avoid a potential prison sentence as the result of her plea and sentencing hearing on two separate cases in Langlade County Court Wednesday.

 Jessica A. Walton, 31, 915 S. Superior St., entered no contest pleas to felony counts of possession of methamphetamine and felony bail jumping. Another count of meth possession, three counts of felony bail jumping, and a count of drug paraphernalia possession were all dismissed but read into the record.

 Walton was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison for the meth conviction, divided into 18 months of initial confinement and 24 months of extended supervision. That term was stayed and she will serve no time if able to successfully complete two years of probation. If not, the prison term is ordered to run consecutive to any other sentence.

 Walton was given a withheld sentence on the felony bail jump conviction, also contingent on two years of probation. Conditions of probation on both pleas include completing an alcohol and drug assessment and follow through with treatment recommendations, maintaining absolute sobriety and full time work, and committing no further crimes.

 Walton was freed after posting a $2,000 cash bond on Feb. 25 for the first round of charges, but she lasted just 16 days before being arrested again March 13 and was in custody on a $5,000 cash bond since that date. She remains subject to a $750 signature bond, ordered Sept. 9, in Marathon County on charges of possessions of meth and drug paraphernalia, both as a party to a crime. The language of that bond requires her to maintain absolute sobriety from drugs.

 The complaint in the first Langlade County case alleges that on the afternoon of Feb. 21 officers responded to a city residence based upon information that Walton and a male individual were residing there and involved in the use and distribution of meth. At the location, they made contact with Walton, who denied residing there but was “particularly adamant” about not searching one specific bedroom.

 The lawful occupant arrived home and gave consent to search the residence. In the bedroom identified as where Walton and the male individual had been staying, they found numerous items of identifying and evidentiary value.

The items located included two jewel baggies with a white substance and a homemade bong containing a liquid substance, both of which tested positive for meth, and several glass pipes consistent with meth paraphernalia. The search also found a sunglasses case under a woman’s jacket that held a cut straw and several jewel baggies. One of the baggies contained a substance weighing 2.73 grams that tested positive for meth.

 The second complaint states that on Friday, March 13 an officer was investigating information that Walton’s whereabouts were unknown while she was out of custody on the two felony bonds. His investigation discovered that the address listed on her most recent bond does not exist, and that the telephone number listed on that form was also not current.

 The investigation led to a business at Fifth Avenue and Clermont Street, where Walton was located. She told the officer that she had been living at “various places” over the past two weeks, but would not specify where.

Walton was placed under arrest and searched. In an interior pocket of her jacket was discovered a syringe with a significant quantity of a white, powdery, crystallized substance, which when tested yielded a positive result for meth.