Eagle

The bald eagle that was brought in on Monday from Crandon. 

A new bald eagle was admitted to the Raptor Education Group Inc., located in Antigo, on Monday.

A Crandon family called REGI about the eagle, as he was sitting on their lawn and taking fish from them.

The bird is emaciated, his beak is broken with several burns on his face and body. He’s also covered in feather mites from being on the ground for so long.

It’s expected to be from being hit by a firework back from the Fourth of July.

“This is one of the many reasons why fireworks are so detrimental to our wildlife,” said REGI in a statement “Please be responsible.”

As the wildlife rehabilitation center works on the eagle, donations of $3,351. have been raised to support his medical costs within the first 24 hours.